Monday, September 11, 2006

2,996 a Tribute to Peter A. Siracuse

I've struggled for weeks about what I would write on this day. I've struggled trying to sort through my feelings and thoughts. It is difficult to express how I feel when reflecting on the events of this tragic day 5 years ago. I know that my struggle with a simple post is nothing compared to what Peters family went through when he was killed on September 11, 2001. Peter A. Siracuse 29, was in/at the world trade center on September 11, 2001. He had a wife Alana and a son Ryan Joseph. My greatest wish is that his family will find peace and hope in this world without their loved one. I pray for the continued remembrance of this day. May we all take a moment to reflect and never forget. God bless Peters family, friends and all that were touched by his life and vivacious way of living. I was particularly touched by this note I found from Peters brother. Not knowing Peter myself I wanted to share words from someone that did. Dear Pete, It has been two year since that tragic day in which you left us here to go to a better place. There is never a day that goes by that I do not think of you. It could be a song on the radio or a little kid on a bike that brings me so many happy thoughts of our childhood together. I brought Mom and Alana to your resting place at the foot of Tower One on 9/11 and we prayed for the day when we all could be together again. I know that you are watching over Ryan as we are. He will come to know you through the many stories and photos that we hold close to our hearts. I Love you and miss you and look forward to a time when we can play a round on the ultimate course with THE GUY. You will live forever within each of us. Love Your Brother, George Expert from 9/11 site Information gathered from Legacy.com and the Peter A. Siracuse foundation. For all other participants, please visit 2,996 .

9 comments:

Karmyn R said...

Thank you for helping us to remember Peter!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to a great man. You did his friends and family proud by remembering him with such kind words.

Cup said...

Beautiful tribute. You brought Peter to life for me, and left me just a little sadder on this sad day. My heart goes out to his family.

Dinah Webster: A Tribute

Cup said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You wrote a beautiful tribute. I am remembering Teresa Martin today.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for remembering.

kateandjona said...

Thank you.

Today Jonathon's Closet remembers Robert Levine.

Canadianna said...

It is hard to know what to say, but you've done a nice tribute.

Cathy said...

I'm slowly making my way through all the tributes. Thank you for remembering Peter Siracuse.

I remember Marion Britton.

I will NEVER FORGET.