Friday, January 27, 2006

Grateful

Today John got off work early and is spending the afternoon with Katy. She loves her Daddy so much and gets so excited when he comes in, it's one of my favorite things to watch. John is taking her up to his parents house, so he can visit with his brother Richard. That's right, he is going to his PARENT'S house to watch her. Now granted he did offer to pick her up early from daycare and was excited to spend the day with her. However he was also relieved when he found out his mom was going to be there and it wasn't just going to be the boys. It is so funny sometimes how he gets nervous about watching her, but he always does a great job. Seriously I'm so grateful to have a husband that WANTS to spend time with our daughter and OFFERS to do it. My dad never did that and I always wish that he had. I don't think that he didn't want to spend time with me, he just didn't know what to do when I was around. He felt inept. John feels that way sometime too, like he doesn't do as good a job as I do. Heck sometimes I feel like he is the one that does a better job. We all feel inadequate and get frustrated sometimes that is why I'm so glad I have a good husband who is there to take over when I'm at my wits end. I know that he will have fun with Katy today and I'm excited to see them both tonight and here about what they did.

No comments: