Monday, April 24, 2006

E Three

For those of you that don't know, I married a man who is a SERIOUS GAMER. Just ask him! He has been counting down the day to the 'E Three' show coming up in 14 days. This is when Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo and all the other gaming companies get together to showcase their products. The reason my husband has been anxiously awaiting this event is for one reason and one reason only! Nintendo will be announcing it's release date and other specifics for it's new gaming console, code name: revolution. Yippeee!!! This is all that has been talked about in our house for the last 4 months or so. Our evenings usually proceed as such: DH - you'll never believe what I heard today about the 'revolution.' ME - what DH - they are saying now that you will be able to use your controller to.... blah, blah, blah, blah. No, really some it sounds cool and like it would be fun. For sure it sounds innoventive and interesting. Video games are just not really my thing. Since we've been married, which is just over 3 years, we've had a PlayStation 2, an Xbox, a Nintendo GameCube (we still have that one) and a Nintendo DS, which is like an upgraded Gameboy. Now I will admit that the DS is pretty cool. It has a touch screen that you use a stylus on to do different things and is quite addicting depending on the game, but regardless of how fun they are, I truly feel that they are a waste of time and money. The bad thing is that I can't stop playing the dumb thing. I'm not into shooting games or weird role playing games, but I love EVERY game we have for the DS. There is Tetris, (which is my all time favorite,) WarioWare, Nintendogs (which is so realistic looking,) TraumaCenter (you use the stylus like a scalpel and perform surgery,) Mario Kart (which is a kiddie level racing game, at least I can win,) BrainAge (which tests and strengthens your brain by doing simple mental exercises.) Anyway I'm so addicted to this machine that we have been fighting over who gets to play it and who has played it longer that day. Again proving my point that games are a waste of time and money. Now my Dear Husband wants to buy me one for Christmas. I just can't agree with this for 2 reasons. 1.) the money, the unit itself it upwards of $170.00 Then you have to buy the games which are $20.00 to $30.00 a piece. 2.) I would NEVER get anything done ever again. I would just sit on my butt all day and play the dang thing.

No comments: