Saturday, April 29, 2006

Sunday Visit

Tomorrow we are going to visit Great Grandma. I'm really looking forward to it and we are going to take a 5 generation picture. That will be such a priceless keepsake!! I'm going to have a 8x10 made and hang it on the wall. Grandma asked us all to write down some memories of her for a little book she is putting together. It was one of the hardest things I've ever tried to put into words. I pretty much bawled the whole time I was working on it. I tried to think about how I would feel if I knew that I would be dying soon and how I would want to be remember. Lucky for Grandma, she has always been such a sweet lady there was nothing bad to write about. Regardless it was so hard, and made the situation seem so final. Usually you sit and recall your memories AFTER someone has passed on, not BEFORE. I just hope and pray that these are helpful for her and something she can reflect on in the quiet moments.

No comments: