Monday, July 17, 2006

I'M. SO. TIRED!........

I'm exhausted, I mean really, really, really exhausted. If this weekend had taken place 4 years ago, I would not be tired, I would be on a high (and not from drugs.) Here's what went down and why it would be different if it was 4 years ago. ~I went to Logan to see my sister and have a weekend getaway ~John took Kathryn to a family reunion, so I was child and husband free ~Friday night, Cassi and I stayed up until 5 a.m. and got up at 11 a.m. Saturday equaling 6 hours of sleep. Now normally 6 hours would be fine, but I didn't sleep well, I slept like crap. ~Saturday I think it was about 2 a.m. when we went to bed, but I couldn't fall asleep for several more hours . The last time I looked at the clock it was almost 4 a.m. I woke up about 7 didn't fall back asleep till 8 and woke up at 11:30 or so. Let's see, that's ummmm about another 6 hours, but again I didn't sleep well. ~Sunday I left at 1:30 and got home a couple of hours later. John got home right after me and I was so happy to see both of my babies! Kathryn was so cute when she saw me, it just melted my heart. Being tired was worth it, because we had so much fun. We went shopping, I bought my poor college town sis a new outfit, which she looks adorable in, but silly me forgot to take a picture of. We went bowling and I found out how truly terrible of a bowler my sister is! I'm sure she wants all of cyber land to know how bad she is! Her ending score of our second game was 24, I think. Truly terrible and I think she holds the record for most gutter balls in a row. We also went up on the USU campus and had Aggie ice cream, which was wonderful, but I couldn't finish all of mine, so she helped me out a bit. As you all know, I'm not a big ice cream person, but John said we HAD to go have some, so we did. We also went and drove around a bit, so I could get somewhat familiar with the town for the next time I come back. We ended Saturday night with a trip to Olive Garden, which we don't have in my home town. We also ran a few errands, held and took some pictures of their 10 day old puppies and talked, talked, talked! It was a great trip and I'm so glad that I got to go. Now John wants to try and make it back down there in a few weeks, if I get a job. I'm lucky and grateful that I could go this time. Anyway, I'm getting way off subject and here's how the weekend would have been different and why. ~Friday - would have stayed up until 5 a.m. still got up at 11 a.m. and had a fun day, but I would have slept great because I had a great stable job at that time. ~Saturday - would have still stayed up late, but because neither one of us would be married, we would have talked instead of watching a movie with James (my sis's hubby) Again would have slept great, this time because not only do I have a job, but I wouldn't have been freaking out that I couldn't get ahold of my husband. I was really worried about it! ~Sunday - would have slept later, maybe most of the day instead of doing laundry and cleaning out the bags from my trip and from the reunion. In fact I probably would have stayed one more night, stayed up way too late and driven home Monday morning just in time for work. OR - I would have come home that afternoon and and slept the rest of the day in my own bed. It was a wonderful trip though and I didn't realized how fast I can get down their. It's because I'm a crazy driver, but now I will make the trip more often. My mom always made it sound like a 4 hour drive, when really it's more like 2 to 2 1/2. I was sad to have to leave, but it was so great having un-interrupted girl time!

No comments: