Thursday, July 06, 2006

Old Friends

This morning on my daily stop at Great Harvest I ran into an old girlfriend from High School. It was so ironic that it happened, because I had heard just the other day that she had gotten married or was it living with someone? I can't remember. We were able to chat for a few minutes and it really struck me how crappy I've been about keeping in touch with people. The last time I saw her was my wedding. She asked how "____" was going, the job that I had THREE years ago! That's how out of touch we have been. She isn't married, isn't planning on getting married anytime soon and is still going to college. She changed majors however and is now studying massage therapy. She's in town for a week before having to go back. I handed her one of my cards so we could do lunch before she leaves. I hope she calls, it would be really great to do some more catching up. The other funny thing is that I've had this happen 3 times in the last 6 months. So far I've stayed in touch with everyone I've bumped into and I hope that I can do the same with her.

No comments: