Friday, July 28, 2006

Today should be a Monday

Kathryn has diarrhea again this morning, she woke up much earlier than usual and it was so bad that I just put her in the shower with me. When we got out she was crying and shivering so I wrapped her up in a blanket and laid her on our bed. She was asleep within 2 minutes. I'm getting kind of frustrated because I don't know what keeps causing this. I talked to Miss L. (our childcare gal) and asked if she ate anything out of the norm yesterday. The only thing she could come up with is Macaroni and Cheese, which has milk in it and Katy is lactose-intolerant. The other thing she had was grapes. I'm thinking it was the Mac and Cheese, but Miss A. (the other lady) seemed convinced that it was the grapes she had for snack. I just love it when someone else knows more about your child than you do! The week before last when she got really bad diarrhea it was after having some yogurt that my FIL gave her, also milk in it. I'm seeing some sort of a connection, I think. Seriously though I'm baffled as to what it could be. She has no fever, no running nose, no coughing, no other symptoms whatsoever. What the heck is causing this? John and I also got into a fight this morning over something stupid. I hate fighting period, but I really hate fighting about dumb stuff. He says that this morning when the Boddler (my new term for Katy) started crying he was trying to coax me out of bed to go get her. (I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON, I CLAIM NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE THINGS I SAY WHEN FIRST WOKEN UP!) That being said let me proceed. Where was I? Oh yes, he was trying to get my butt out of bed. Apparently I rolled over and told him "stop being such a jackass, if you're so worried about it, you go check on her" promptly rolled back over and went back to sleep. WTH - I don't remember ANY of this. He gets up and I'm in the shower with Kathryn trying to get her cleaned up and get my hair washed. He proceeds on this 10 minute rant about how I ruined his morning and how I don't need to be so snappy with him and how he has to work two jobs and how he's more tired than he is and how he has more responsibilities than I do and how it's harder for him being a guy and how he's sex deprived and how on and on and on and on! My response was (remember that I don't know/remember what I did to him) "get over it you big baby, everyone has to do things they don't want to do. Grow up about it! By the way, did you get on the wrong side of the bed this morning or what?" Well apparently that was not the correct thing to say! It all went downhill from there. The fight ended with me screaming "I don't know what I've done to you so get the heck off it!" He then explained to me what had happened. Well, geez buddy. It sure would have been nice to know this before you started yelling at me about every little thing. "Excuse me for not remembering what I said in MY SLEEP!" All this before 8:30 this morning. Yeah my day is starting off just lovely. How about yours?
~~~~~~~~~~ UPDATE ~~~~~~~~~~
John and I are fine, we've had a fairly good talk and made peace. Kathryn had to come home early today from daycare. She was running a temp of 102, so I don't think it's a food allergy thing. She is asleep right now. I've been pushing liquids and naps. She came home about 1 pm today. Poor thing, you can just tell she feels miserable.
~~~Thanks to all who guessed when Kathryn will be walking. I'll be posting the results of that later today ~~~

No comments: