Wednesday, July 19, 2006

There's always something

Our dryer broke last night right in the middle of washing sheets. Kathryn has had diarrhea and because of that went through 3 sets of sheet in one day. I used to have about 6 sets of sheets, but their was someone else that had a new baby and only had one set. Seeing as we were beyond that "change the sheets everyday" stage, I gave some of them away. Anywho, there were no dry sheets to be had for her bed because the dryer died. It will still run, but it doesn't put out any heat! The real kicker is that I think my husband broke it. I love that he will help with laundry and I'm not complaining at all, it's just that he doesn't do it very often. Because of that he thought it would save time by drying ALL the sheets and blankets at once. The dryer was SO full that nothing was getting dry, but I think he also overloaded something and that's why there is no heat. I didn't say anything because he already felt bad enough, I just hope that we can get it fixed and that it's not a $200.00 part or more. I hope it's a nice quick fix! I'm also really glad that we have family close that can help us out. John's dad will be coming to take a look at it for us sometime today. John isn't really a handy sort of guy, so it's nice that his dad is close and knows what he is doing. ~UPDATE~ we only need a $12.00 part. The bad thing is they won't have any in until Friday, the good thing is..... well..... I'm only out $12 bucks! Woot! Woot!

No comments: