Thursday, May 04, 2006

Family. Isn't it about time?

Time for what? Mine is driving me batty!! I ran into my older brother last night at the grocery store and got the guilt trip because he hasn't seen my baby for 2 months. Well, whose fault is that? I've lived in my house for 2 years now and he has never been to see it!! Everytime I see him, the first thing out of his mouth is "when are you going to come see me?" I hate that!! You know it works both ways. If you want to see my baby, come see her. Why does it always have to be on HIS terms? Also he wanted to know why I never return his phone calls. What phone calls? He never calls me for anything. Well that's not true, he calls if he wants something from me. I just hate running around to all these other people's houses and them not returning the favor. I'm a full time mom and a full time career woman, I don't have time to run all over the place and make sure that YOU get to see my child. Some members of my family understand this concept and try to help. My mom comes and gets the baby herself. That way she can have Grandma time and I can have alone time, which makes us both happy. My grandma has come from Boise twice to see Katy, just because she know that I can't make it over there for a while. I'm done venting for the moment, and now I feel better. Seriously though, I love my family ALL of them! I just get tired of the constant jumping through hoops to go see everyone else. I already have a lot of stress in my life without trying to fit in play dates with everyone. Also I'm a bit more focused right now on spending as much time with Grandma Harmon as I can. I think spending time with her is a bit more important right now.

No comments: