Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Queen of Drama

That description would fit John's sister Melissa. I love her to death and we are really good friends. We share a lot of the same interests and hobbies. In spite of all our similarities, we are so very, very different. She freaks out over the silliest things and is such a drama queen. I ended up going to lunch with her yesterday, which was really nice because we haven't had any girl time for a while. She was telling me this LONG story about HER mother in law, and how nosy she is and how rude she is and how she always butts into everything. I was trying not to laugh at her, because I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I must be more layed back than she is. Anyway she wanted to know what I thought, since I was seeing things from the outside perspective. What am I supposed to say? Answer 1: "Well I think you're just stressed out and you read way too much into it. Let it go, it's not that big of a deal." Answer 2: "Who cares what your mother in law thinks. For all I care she can go climb a tree." Answer 3: (which is the one I gave) "You're right, she was being nosy and you have every right to be mad about it. Answer 4: "Sounds just like my mother in law. They all do it sometimes." Remember though, her mom is my MIL. So this response is right out the window. Why do I always do that? That wasn't really the way that I felt, but there are certain people at certain time that I just can't be straight with. If I had given her any other answer she would have had a fit. I think she just needed someone to vent to and feel a bit validated on her own feelings. No one want to get their frustrations out only to be told they shouldn't feel that way. The joys of family are surrounding me once again. On a happy note, my sister is coming this weekend and wants to take the baby overnight on Friday. That is going to be so awesome. John for once doesn't have to work that night so we will not only be able to sleep in the next morning, but have a night for just mommy and daddy time. We all know what that means, wink, wink!!

No comments: