Wednesday, May 17, 2006

It's everywhere

~note to reader: if you are in a good mood today, skip this post and come back Monday~ Death. We found out this morning that John's uncle passed away last night. Looks like we will be in Utah all weekend for the funeral. So much for de-stress. Not that it matters at this point, because this is obviously more important. I hate to be such a downer but this week it seems hard not to be down. I feel that if one more thing happens I'm going to split into pieces and not be able to put myself back together. Ironically I've never even met this uncle and he isn't a family favorite if you know what I mean, but losing someone is never easy regardless of how well you did or did not know them. I feel like I'm walking around in a stupor and that I'm withdrawling from things. I don't feel as cheerful and I'm completely unmotivated to do anything. I've never felt like this before and I can't help wondering if it's not a bit of the baby blues. Kathryn will be turning one in 6 weeks and that makes me oddly sad. If I don't start feeling more like myself within a few weeks, I'm going to start looking into some things to help because I just don't think this is normal.

3 comments:

Trish Ess said...

Oh, hon. I'm so sorry for your loss.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Sending great big hugs to you.
and a rose. @-->----

Anonymous said...

I had baby blue problems, and when he turned a year, it actually got worse (not to mention, it was sept 2001). when I went to the dr, I said 'but it's been a year, shouldn't I feel better?' and she said "honey, it's only been a year". Go to the doctor. you don't know what they may tell you. I have also found out since, I have a vitamin b12 problem, and if I don't take ALOT of it, I can spiral down fast. take care!

Trish Ess said...

Anytime, hon. Whenever you need a shoulder - just let me know - my blog or yours. :)