Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Two Jobs

As most of you probably already know my husband works two jobs. One full time during the day and one part time in the evenings. It took me a long time to be able to fall asleep without him. It was so weird to be in our bed all by myself. It doesn't help that I'm afraid of the dark (I'm not joking.) John would come home and find EVERY light on in the house. It drives him nuts, but at least I was getting to bed at a somewhat reasonable hour. The last 6 nights he's worked I can't fall asleep until he gets home. I try, I really do, but it just isn't working. I've even tried doing things to make me more tired, to no avail. I'm exhausted during the day and grumpy when I get home from work. I don't know what the heck is wrong with me. At first I just thought it was the heat, but we've got our air conditioning going now so it can't be that. I thought maybe because of all the family stuff that's going on I'm too stressed out to sleep. Then I thought maybe I've just been to stressed about my Great Grandma. I don't think that's it either though, because the night's John is home I sleep fine. I just haven't been feeling good in general and I don't know how to get out of this funk. We are going to spend the WHOLE weekend at home and try to de-stress, maybe that will help.

2 comments:

Trish Ess said...

Aww..
/hug

Have you tried going to sleep with something of his that still has his scent on it? My husband travels a lot on business, and the times I can't sleep, you'll usually find me curled up to my body pillow and a shirt that smells like him. :)

Trish Ess said...

:) Let me know if it works for you!